Monday, August 25, 2014

Thunderbutt & Mister Smokey...


Quick update from the bench. Little bit of work on Sir Beef and starting on his servant Chad. 

I've based Chad on a metal washer as he's a Reaper Bones model...so he really needs something to give him some weight so he won't tip over. I'm actually considering rebasing Sir Beef on a metal washer just for consistency's sake. Or maybe I might redo Chad's base with similar gravel and sand (I think the one he's on is from four years ago...different sad and I think I even added water putty to bulk up the base). He's primered with Army Painter Uniform Gray...which I then quickly painted with Apple Barrel black paint mixed with little Liquitex Flow Improver. I didn't go for complete or opaque coverage, just enough to get it in the recesses. The orc I did previously had a lot of areas that were difficult to get to and I really regret not giving him a coat of black prior to painting.

Also, cannot stress this enough... wash your Bones models with soap and water before primering. You should actually wash every plastic model with soap and water prior to primering.

Didn't get much more done as I had about an hour and a half to paint tonight...although I'm hoping to score a few hours Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment