Sunday, August 3, 2014

Hot Sunday Orc Booty


Some sweet, sweet Orc ass to light your Sunday afternoon on fire.

I would like to say one thing about this particular model...there was a reason the metal one was in four pieces. Why in the name of all that is holy would you make it a one part model? I'd have gladly shelled out an extra buck or two for a detached shield arm. Alas, have to make due with what I have. Still happy with Reaper's Bones stuff...just frustrated at the lack of access I have to certain parts of this model. Want to paint the boots and arm behind that shield...good luck.

Okay, enough complaining...let's get on the good stuff.

As you can see, I've done the bulk of the metallics. Not too happy with the Axe but large blade areas are not a specialty of mine. I did attempt to add some shading to it by adding some brown and rust glazes...but again, large blade areas are not my specialty. I had thought about adding some sort of freehand design...but then I figured he's an orc...they don't do that sort of thing. The gold turned out particularly nice although you can't see it in the photo. 

I also finished up his cape/cloak. I tried to mix things up by adding various flesh tones to the cape...like it's made of stitched together flesh flayed from his victims. I will probably add another highlight to those pieces to make them pop more. 

The fur...I'm kinda iffy on that. While I'd like to do more with it, the inconsistency in the texture itself makes that kinda difficult. If this were a model I was painting for a competition or commission, I'd probably get a little more detailed in the fur and add some different highlights...but this model is just for fun and testing out what I can do with the Bones stuff. I will say that painting this version makes me want to dig out the metal one I have around here and actually paint it to a high standard (and a much fancier base).

So getting very close to completion...just a few more things and its done. Then, I'm gonna paint something much smaller and less time consuming...and not a Bones model.



No comments:

Post a Comment