A frustrating week on the painting front to say the least. Since returning from Gen Con, I have started at least 6 or 7 models...and these two are all that is left of the pack.
Luckily, Russian Guyovich on the right is going pretty decently. Didn't find any flash on him after primering or any awful mold lines. If only the same could be said for Sir Chad on the right. Didn't notice his mold line until after primering. My plan is to paint around it and minimize it...obfuscate it if you will. Had he been a metal model...I'd have thrown him in the jar of Pinesol and started over again...however he's a Bones model and you don't buy those if you are planning to do any fancy painting (Bones are great for monsters but not so much for PCs and NPCs).
Starting this weekend, I'm going to take a couple of steps to increase my focus and productivity. I have a horrible habit of painting with movies or shows streaming on the PC next to my painting desk. While I like to say it's just background noise... I catch myself watching it instead of painting. So, as of Saturday it's back to the good old iPod and headphones approach I used to use before we moved.
Also this weekend, some store nearby is having a 40% off all their GW models. Needless to say, I shall be picking stuff up... possibly even the Stormclaw box. That would mean I would have three different Space Marine armies in various stages (and that doesn't count my Imperial Guard, Chaos Marines, and Space Orks...which are my favorite).