Friday, January 6, 2012

In Progress: Imperial Regulars Sergeant

Today's entry is an in progess shot of my Imperial Regulars Sgt. He is a plastic model that Target Games/Heartbreaker put out in 1998 for the second edition of Warzone. At the time it was one of my favorite games and it still holds a special place in my heart.

My plan for this model is simple in that I am just basing the color scheme on the "factory version". True, I am taking some liberty with it, but it is still the same color scheme the old studio models would have had. Thus far I have only really gotten his "tunic" painted and while you cannot see it in the photo I took with my phone, there is some nice shading going on. When I take the nicer photos with the real camera, it should show up more.

I will probably end up using this model as the example of my "Level Two Command" paintjob for the non GW plastic pricing guide. Honestly, you have to do that sort of thing now as GWs plastic kits are just as good as the Finecast models now. I'll do a comparison of a couple of different manufacturers side by side this weekend to demonstrate what I'm talking about. Trust me, the difference is massive.

Well, that wraps up tonight's update. Check back this weekend for more in depth updates.

Good Night,
Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment