Saturday, January 7, 2012

Imperial Sergeant Day 2 (or actually Day 1 pt 2).

The Imperial Sergeant is a little further long tonight. I'd say he's about half way done. Maybe a tad further along than half but not much further than that.

I've highlighted his harness, ammo pouch, and gas mask along with starting on the shading on his shoulder pads. I highlighted with Folk Art Midnight mixed with a little Ceramcoat Cape Cod Blue. I then built it up by adding more Cape Cod Blue to the mixture. I then added the green glows to the eye lenses and whatever the thing in the middle of his chest is. Honestly, it could just be a buckle, but the glowing green light in the middle of his chest makes a nice focal point. His shoulder pads were base coated with a coat of Ceramcoat Charcoal mixed with a little Cape Cod Blue. I shaded them by adding a little black to the mixture. I'm still not 100% about adding battle damage to the shoulder pads. I just don't think the model would look right with it. I'll probably wait until the model is "done" and then make the decision. Sometimes adding battle damage and weathering can make a beautiful model look cluttered and muddy.

Don't forget to tune in this weekend as I will be doing a side by side comparison of some of the various plastic miniature kits. Trust me, it will fun and informative and I promise I won't rant about substandard plastic kits. No really, I promise.

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment