Thursday, January 27, 2011

Adeptus Arbite...Day 2ish

Day 2 I guess....or at least I figure I've been working on it to qualify as the second day on it. I painted the base and mounted the Arbite on it.

The concrete color was achieved using Ceramcoat Quaker Gray and adding a little black to it. From there, it's just a simple matter of drybrushing and glazing with greens and browns.

I'll probably end up using some snow flock sparingly on the base as I'm sort of using the setting from a Caiphus Cain book as the inspiration for the base. In that story, it was a vast urban setting that had just entered into the winter cycle. I guess I could also even say it was the city from the Blood Pact novel as well...both had a sort of snowy urban landscape in it.

Hope to get back on this guy this weekend...I have to layout a book for a freelance gig tonight and it kinda ate into the time I had to work on this guy.

A quick note...smart phones are great for in progress shots for blogs. I just wish I had photoshop on my PC so I could color correct them....and its a hassle to run into the next room and just use the Mac for just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment