Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thurin continues...although I don't know for how much longer

Yeah...I'm getting burned out on things again. Not a painting burnout, just a creative slump. But anyway here is Thurin the Blackguard at the moment.

The part I'm happiest with at the moment is his cape. The flash sort of messes it up, but the red blended really nicely. Hopefully it will come out when I shoot it with my fancy pro rig...and by pro rig a clamp light from home Depot and two desk lamps...I really need to make me a lighthing cocoon thing to diffuse the light though.

I did go back over all the black parts with Vallejo black rather than Ceramcoat as I wasn't getting the rich deep black that I wanted. I also went back and toned the highlights on the armor down as I didn't want him to look like he was dark blue, but black. And dear god that flash really reflects off the black now...

Feel free to comment or encourage...i could use some right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment