Monday, September 13, 2010

Same blog....just a new neighborhood...


Long have I thought of leaving Livejournal...and with the addition of animated GIF ads, that time is now. So as of now, Livejournal is dead to me....with the exception of checking out Natalya Melnick's work.

So, let's get right into it shall we.

This week sees pretty much the same bunch of dudes I was painting last time. I did manage to finish the biker guy up although it was a week later than I'd planned. Still, the skills need some sharpening to get back up to where I was before themove. Beastman is moving along slowly...taking more time to get his paintjob just right. This is what happens when you don't paint for two plus months, you lose your edge and it takes more than two months to get it back. The unpainted guy is a Bauhaus Hvy Gunner that Mark Copplestone sculpted. A little fact...Mark Copplestone is one of my favorite sculptors...why that biker guy is one he sculpted. This one is from the late 80s/early 90s from when Grenadier was still around. Oh god do I miss Grenadier. But as you can see, I'm not 100% satisfied on his paintjob...I wanted to do a Black Label Society shirt for him, but my freehanding has suffered from my inactivity. That and I don't like my camo pattern nearly as much as I did on my Catachan guy. Practice, Practice, Practice.

So next time, besides the progress photos maybe I'll have my photography set up unpacked and I'll have some nice glamor shots of the stuff I painted over the last 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment