Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This week's progress....

This week, I am focusing my attention on Thurin the Black Guard from Reaper. He's part of my incredibly small D&D/WoW/fantasy RPG collection....as a matter of fact he's the second guy for it. I'm going for a sort of Death Knight look for him...black armor with some glowing bits here and there. I'm using the same colors I used for my Anti Paladin a few years back...Ceramcoat Payne's Grey and Cape Cod Blue. If you happen to be using Reaper's old Pro Paints, the color would be pretty close to using Blue Black along with Nightsky (have to order some the newer versions of those two). I had thought of doing some sort of NMM on him, but then I thought about the fact that I was painting him for me and not for sale...and honestly I hate how cartoony my NMM turns out anyway.

But thus far I am happy with the way he's turning out. You can't really get a good look at it, but I'm really happy with the skull on his shoulders...I got a nice blended look going with about 7 different colors layered in and a ton of washes with browns and dark greens.

And in other news, my coccyx is almost healed back up. So more painting will be getting done soon as I can sit for more than 30 minutes at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment