Friday, June 1, 2012

Paint Stripping Round 2

Got up early this morning (I have no idea why I was up at 4...I just was) and instead of sitting down and working, I decided to have a little "me" time. Stripped down about 15 Foundry models, although only 8 were deemed ready for the water jar. The other 7 had to go back into the Pine Sol for another couple of days so the paint in some of the recesses will have a chance to loosen up more. 

Thus far, it seems the Street Violence stuff has cleaned off the easiest and fastest...I had two SWAT guys literally shed their coats of paint as soon as I pulled them out of the jar. Still, I'm in the mood to paint historicals and not "near future...or really near future if things keep going the way they are". The Vikings have all that chainmail that traps paint and all the pirates have little fiddly bits in their belts and waist sashes that also traps the paint.

I also took the first batch out of the water jar this morning and they are now bundled up in a nice clean chamois for the next couple of hours. They should be ready to be primered by this evening. Really need to get that Eve model from Kabuki primered up and underway as she is a commission piece. Also found another commission piece in there from back in 2007...probably should do that one some time soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment