Saturday, March 5, 2011

little by little

Been caught up in workingon freelance and yard work over the last few weeks and had no time to paint. I did manage to get a little time today and so I present photos!

First up is the Adeptus Arbit which I've been working on for what seems like forever....and I still have 4 more to go. Today I made time to paint on the metallics. Boltgun Metal base coat with a Dark Burnt Umber wash to shade. I then built back up the basecoat on the raised areas and then highlighted with Chainmail. I added another highlight by mixing some Pearl White into the Chainmail....but only on the very tops of the metal surface. I also painted the bolter shells gold which I intend to highlight with a small amount of chainmail and sort of go for a brass appearance.

All that is left to do now is to go back in and clean up some of the areas where I wasn't to careful with the metallics, add some flock, and seal. Still he has taken a long time.

Next up is "Brains" from Impact's Elfball line. He's a little further along now as I painted the metal areas on his shoulder and elbow pad. All that is left to finish him up is to finish his feet and maybe add some weathering and damage to his shoulder pad...and maybe some dirt and blood around the bottoms of his trousers.

And lastly is the Scion of Illian for Warzone. Why am I painting this guy... he is more or less something I picked up out of my Warzone stuff on a day when I wanted to paint, but didn't feel like painting anything I had on the table. I do that sometimes....

But he is the second miniature in my "Update Warzone color schemes and paintjobs so they don't look so 90's" project. Gone are the days of the bright oranges and reds my friend....and welcome to my desaturated semi military color palette. My hope is that all the "good guy" models will look more serious and brooding...and the "bad guy" models will look sinister and foreboding.

No comments:

Post a Comment