Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back to the beginning (no photos as my phone is charging).




After the last week of painting failures and disasters, I decided to take a few nights off. I worked some extra hours on my freelance graphic design gigs....played some video games....read Ravenor Rogue...really just get my mind off of things. I also used that time to completely clean off my painting desk...or as clean and clear as you can get it. I put away all the possible and potential projects that I'd been messing around with and that had distracted me. I put away all the bottles of paint that had piled up on my desk over the last few weeks. I got rid of all the soda cans, bottles, and cups that seem to just multiply on their own. I wiped the slate clean so that I might once again start fresh as to satisfy my whole OCD thing about having to make a sort of "event" out of things...it sounds crazy, but so does the concept of Spring Cleaning being the only time of year someone does a major cleaning overhaul to their home.

Back on topic...I am starting off with two miniatures...one a commission piece and the other one of mine.

On the commission side of things, I have another Adeptus Arbite...same style of model as teh previous one, although his heavy bolter is belt fed. I had thought about possibly making look more like a sort of heavy autoshotgun...as that would seem totally Arbites to me.

And for me, I am going with a Sardar the Pure from Confrontation. I was never a fan of the Lions of Alahan...they just looked too High Elfy for me....however Sardar was the exception ...OK ...Sardar and Alahel the Messenger...but that's it. But here is the catalog shot of Sardar. Again, this is the Rackham paintjob...not mine. Odds are, I'll probably go with this color scheme though. Sardar will become part of my D&D collection along side the halfling I have done...not much of a collection yet, but give it time.

Well, that's enough for now. Time to go back to sleep for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment