Friday, April 3, 2015

Warhammery goodness...


Worked on my Dwarf Miner Standard Bearer and my Reikland Mercenary a bit this evening. Not a huge amount of progress, but I still think I can wrap up the Dwarf Friday night. I got his gloves finished, along with the candles and the fleshtone. I used my custom fleshtone mixed with a little Bugman's Glow to give the dwarf a ruddy complexion. Candles... Ratskin Flesh basecoat and I tried to blend in some yellow at the bottom and red at the very tips of the flame. I think a little bit more glazing around the transition and the flames will be acceptable. Really trying to keep the techniques simple on the dwarf as I'll have to replicate it 7 more times to complete the Skull Pass Miners. Yes, I plan on painting the complete Skull Pass Dwarfs force by end of this year. I'll probably paint the extra Dwarfs I have and sell those eventually.

Reikland guy... besides attaching him to his painted base, I based coated his trousers with Mechanicum Red and his shirt with Army Painter Bone White. I'm keeping his color scheme simple... again, I have to replicate that paint scheme and style at least 2 more times after he is done. I think four mercenaries plus my Reikland metals should make a base size Mordheim warband.  Should make nice opponents for my Witch Hunters and Amazons (who also have to get painted at some point, but they are metal so they'll get extra attention).

Once I finish the Dwarf, I'll be diving back into commission work as I have a pile of it. I should have dived back in earlier in the week, but after getting nothing done while I was sick... I had to get a personal model in.

Possibly might paint an Ebaying model in the near future as well... although what I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment