Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First post of the New Year!

Welcome to 2014!

I finally got around to doing up "glamour shots" of all the models I've painted over the last couple of years. I've actually been meaning to do that for quite some time, but yesterday things just sort of came together. One would think I'd have a place to set up my photography rig permanently…but no. I just might have to set something up in the garage later this year for photography.

 In case you are wondering what's up with the "rusty frame" stuff, well that's all part of the design for the new Paintshop of Horrors.

I plan to have the new site up and running within the next couple of months. It's been down for far too long and I've relied on places like CMoN to show my work. The photography backlog was one of the bigger hurdles, but now that is mostly out of the way (I'm going to be updating the photos for some of the older stuff).

Another important step is to set up a Facebook page for the Paintshop itself. While I do not intend for it to be any sort of business, I'm sure most people wouldn't want to wade through my personal crap on FB to see new pics (although maybe 15 people know my blog exists…but hey, gotta try).

Why the impetus to get this going now? Well for one, I just killed my CMoN account. Ever post a model that's pretty good looking…you know at least a 7…and then some teenage asshole comes in and votes a succession of 1's to knock your score down to a 4. I didn't until today…and frankly I'm done with it. I'm not in high school and therefore I will not put up with this kind of bullshit voluntarily. 

Let me be clear, the staff at CMoN are top notch and their products and online store are fantastic. But at the end of the day, the main part of the site is just a giant internet comment board and we've all seen how those have devolved over the last several years.

Anyway, stay tuned for big things…all 15 of you.







No comments:

Post a Comment