Monday, December 31, 2012

Probably the last post of 2012....

This is an in progress shot of the "prototype" paint scheme for the zombie horde. 

The fleshtone is Reaper Moldy skin washed with a mixture of Reaper Ghoul Flesh and a small amount of Ceramcoat Dark Burnt Umber. 

The eyes are Warzone Venusian Green and they were highlighted by adding small amounts of white. I also used a glaze of Venusian Green to do the glow effect around the eye sockets.
The shredded clothing has been base coated with a mixture of Ceramcoat Golden Brown and Charcoal Gray. I'm going for a generic color scheme on clothing so I can use them for fantasy, modern, & sci fi gaming.

The edge of the base has been painted with a mixture of Ceramcoat Black and a small amount of Future Floor Polish. I'll actually hit it once more with that mixture to get a nice matte finish that won't chip. The trick is to use only a small amount of Future in the mix. If you get it right, you'll get a nice smooth finish that will be scratch and chip resistant.

I'll be posting a new photos sometime during the day on New Years which I hope I'll have him finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment