Monday, August 15, 2011

Inspiration and those who inspire me to be a better painter....

Since I haven't had a chance to do any painting in like two months, I thought I'd take a little bit of time over the next several days to talk about the other painters out there on the web who inspire me to be a better painter. Sure, painting a model for a competition or to post on some website where faceless individuals rate it on a scale from 1 to 10 can inspire one to really push their boundaries. For me however, these guys inspire me to push my boundaries for the simple reason that it looks really friggin' cool and everything else is secondary at the most.

Tonight's site I'd like to mention is Witchhunter.net. While I don't know his actual name, I do know that he totally rocks when it comes to painting little metal men. The photo to the left (from a Wargames Illustrated from way back in 98). Every inch of that model lovingly painted to a high standard.... every barbarian in that howdah is easily an 8 on CMoN.

And you should see the rest of his barbarian army...it is friggin' amazing. Every one of them beautifully painted...literally every mini looks like its a hero model. Here's the kicker...it's a very, very, very small part of what he's painted. I sit here and paint one guy over a period of two months that maybe looks half as good as the minis on his site...and here he is cranking out tons of guys like it was going out of style.

So tonight I raise a toast to the dude behind Witchhunter.net. I don't know your name, but I am in total awe of your work.



No comments:

Post a Comment