Sunday, May 1, 2011

Hello Internet.....

I'm sorry I've been away....but I've been busy with other things.

Tonight's update is custom bases. If you are new to my blog, you might not know how much I hate plain bases for miniatures...hate it hate it hate it. Plain ones just make it look like your army is invading a golf course. The next step up isn't the greatest either...adding gravel and static grass help, but you can always do so much more.

This one is for one of my Adeptus Arbite commisions. Basically, flagstones and a metal plate....for which I still have to find some rivets...probably end up having to use some two part epoxy and then cut small pieces.

On to the next one.
This particlar base is special. Fully custom....a 1.5 inch washer with foamcore mounted on top. I've sealed it with a combination of Durham's Water Putty and Elmer's Glue. The end product is a hard rock like substance.

This is for a Super Mutant model from Reaper. I'm going for a Fallout 3 styled look, so this is only the first step in what is sure to be many.

No comments:

Post a Comment