Saturday, April 9, 2011

Adeptus Arbit part deux

Starting on the second Adeptus Arbite. Much like the first, I painted the crest of the helmet and the right arm first. I generally use the "inside out" approach when I paint complex models like this one. Luckily, I'm pretty neat when I paint so I don't end up having to do a ton of touch ups.

One snag I ran into on this model was the details on the Aquilla were not very good. I don't know what the deal is, but I ended up having to line it with dark burnt umber to get the details to pop. If you remember on the first one, I barely had to do a wash as the details were so clear. But alas, that is one of the snags you run into when you are refurbing an partially painted mini.

Maybe I can throw some orange glazes on it to tone it down a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment